Job Opening: Office Manager
Campfire is a content agency based in Edinburgh and London. We efficiently make meaningful, multi-disciplinary creative work for ambitious brands.
A fast growing and continuously evolving young company. We care about the every day, and follow a set of brand rituals to guide and define our culture, philosophy, and creative process. We believe that collaboration and healthy environments are the key to making great, creative work.
You take pride in cultivating a culture and environment that is organised and inspiring. You are as excited by the routine of smooth financial processes as you are by unexpected travel logistics. Your pro-active organisation, and quick initiative allows our team to work comfortably and efficiently, with the perfect balance for freedom and focus.
Things you’d like to do each day:
- Managing all inbound communication to our London and Edinburgh offices, by phone or email, including new enquiries, and directing or delegating as appropriate.
- Managing our company (and CEO’s) diary, including internal/external meetings, preparing materials, anticipating preparation time, venue booking, conference call invites etc.
- Co-ordinate travel for our team, including: costing, arranging VISA/ESTA’s as necessary, booking, and preparing comprehensive itinerary packs. This will range from simple business trips to London, to fully crewed shoots around the world.
- HR Administration and working closely with the Directors and our team on HR matters including new staff inductions and our onboarding/offboarding process.
- Handling active recruitment. Short-listing applicants, arranging interviews, preparing all post-interview paperwork (offer of employment letters, employment contract etc).
- Overseeing our financial processes for all expenditure, including all supplier/external payments and employee expenses, keeping Xero, our real-time finance system, perfectly up to date.
- Managing the day-to-day functions of a working creative studio – Meeting space, office, equipment, keys, security, suppliers – ensuring all of our spaces are organised, functional and inspiring.
- Working with our Account Managers and wider team to assist with organisational and production tasks across all phases of our projects.
- Assist with organising events as necessary; from regular internal occasions and company culture; to public, branded events.
Your experience, skills and qualities:
- Experience in a similar role assisting senior/director level staff.
- Experience with software such as: Google Suite, MacOS, Xero.
- Excellent prioritisation skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- An independent personality, with a constant desire to learn and solve problems.
- Extremely organised, efficient, self-motivated and excellent at time management.
- Articulate and able to clearly communicate processes in an understandable, engaging and appealing way.
- 24/7 access to Campfire’s office and studio, and use of a MacBook workstation.
- A company Gold American Express card for incurred expenses, with professional travel and insurance benefits.
- Your birthday off, 28 days paid annual leave, and a bonus holiday for every year you’re with us past 2 years.
- Use of Campfire’s library of books and independent magazines.
- Office Coffee Machine & Juicer with unlimited coffee & fruit.
- The Furnace – Campfire’s internal incubator for self-initiated, experimental work.
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity leave at full pay, plus a £500 bonus.
- Wooden, laser-engraved personal business cards…
- Based in Edinburgh, Scotland
- Salary D.O.E
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, your CV, notice period and current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org